Wednesday, March 30, 2011

BBQ Chicken Quesadillas

My barbeque sauce and chicken was originally intended to be made into a pizza. But I just did not feel like making any bread today. So I improvised and found a bag of tortillas in the pantry and decided on quesadillas instead. I use a quesadilla maker, because I lack the grace it takes to flip a one without all of the filling falling out.  It is a one-use-only kitchen appliance that takes up space in my cabinet, but I love using it. If you are more graceful than me in the quesadilla department, feel free to make yours in a skillet. Try these, they are quick and delicious!


BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
2 tbs butter
2 chicken breasts, diced
1 medium onion, halved and sliced
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
8 flour tortillas
cooking spray

 1. Heat 2 tbs of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add diced chicken and sliced onions to the pan. Cook together until chicken is no longer pink and onions are translucent. Remove from heat. Add 1/2 cup BBQ sauce to the pan and mix well.
2. Heat a clean skillet or quesadilla maker and spray with cooking spray. Lay down one tortilla and place a 1/2 cup of chicken mixture on top. Top with cheese and another tortilla. Spray the top with more cooking spray. Cook in quesadilla maker for a few minutes, or in a skillet, cook on each side for a couple of minutes. Repeat until all of the chicken mixture is used.
3. Transfer quesadillas to a clean plate and cut into triangles using a pizza cutter. Serve with sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment