Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cornmeal Crusted Tilapia

I have a confession to make - I don't care all that much for seafood. I know, I know, How can you not like seafood? It's just not my thing I guess. This is a problem sometimes because my husband would eat seafood everyday if he could, but I never want to cook it for him. So, because he is such a good guy, I try. And I've found that I do like some seafood like, tilapia, crab...and....a few other things. I've also found that I like it best when its fried. I know, that's bad, but you have to try this fish, its so tasty! It turned out much crispier than I anticipated with such a thin coating, and the crust had a good flavor. I served it up with a side of fresh green beans, and my guy was pretty pleased.



Cornmeal Crusted Tilapia
Adapted from: allrecipes.com

1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 (6 ounce) fillets tilapia
3 tablespoons vegetable oil

1. In a shallow bowl, combine the egg and lemon juice. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and salt. Dip tilapia into egg mixture, then coat with cornmeal mixture.

2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Fry fillets, two at a time, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment