Saturday, March 26, 2011

Quick Cheddar, Onion, & Bacon Biscuits

I'm not usually a semi-homemade kind of girl. I'm more of the all-the-way-homemade kind. But I've had a box of Heart Smart baking mix sitting in my pantry for quite a while and I figured I should go ahead and use it, even if it's not my style. I used the biscuit recipe on the back of the box and added some cheddar, green onions, and bacon and they turned out really yummy. I had mine with some syrup for a little sweet and savory combo. The recipe makes 6 biscuits, but you can easily double or triple it for more. If you need breakfast in a hurry you can whip these up in less than 20 minutes. Yum!


Quick Cheddar, Onion, & Bacon Biscuits
Adapted from: back of HeartSmart Baking mix box

1 1/2 cups Bisquick Heart Smart baking mix
1/2 cup low-fat or fat free milk
3 green onions, chopped
1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 tbs butter, melted


1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Stir together baking mix and milk until soft dough forms. Add in onions, cheese, and bacon. Mix together.
2. Turn dough onto a surface lightly sprinkled with more baking mix. Knead dough about 10-15 times until everything is incorporated. Shape dough into a ball and press down into a circle about 1/2 inch thick. Cut dough into 6 triangles. Place triangles on a lightly greased baking sheet and brush tops with melted butter.
3. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment